Black

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crazy things we do!!!

Good afternoon! I am soooooo loving this weather! I spent several hours outside today and got a nice little sunburn going! Yes, I know....I should be in the shade or have some sunblock on....but I am a sun worshipper. I don't even like summer (in Texas at least) except that I usually get a really good tan and I just feel better. I LOVE winter time and my big sweaters, jeans and my new found friend - cow"girl" boots. But there is something to be said for wearing cute little dresses (to hide the big fat bottom) and flip flops. If I could get away with it I wouldn't wear shoes at all. Anyway, I digress but I am loving the weather right now....before it gets 100 degrees.

So you know when you are pregnant and you kind of get the sillies? You just do stuff you wouldn't normally do. When I was pregnant I once tried to put the hamburger meat in the pantry and the water in the garage instead of the fridge. Its those silly little things that we do that make you laugh. Well, I'm not pregnant anymore but I did one of those things today. I was putting clothes in the dryer and took out the last dryer sheet. I promptly put the empty box in the dryer and threw away the dryer sheet...but I caught myself right as I did it. It makes laugh to think about it.

So - I thought I would post a couple more Cameronisms as he seems to be full of them lately.

alligator = elevator
swim soup = swimsuit
black socks = white socks with black stripes

And lastly - Cameron loves the color green and when I say love I mean it. He wants everything in green = dogs, ipod, food, etc. He told me the other day that something would be great if only it were green. I don't remember what it was - but it was definitely something that would never be green.

We also spent the day at Julie's house with Joley and Emery. Being unemployed and "looking" for a job is always a challenge when you need childcare. I have been so blessed by Julie's friendship and her willingness to keep Cameron and help me out. I have been going to meetings at Kids Beach Club and am praying about this opportunity. They would like for me to work for them but they are a non-profit and donations are down due to the economy. Julie has been a rock for me - allowing me to go to these meetings and not having to worry about childcare or Cameron. Please be praying that KBC is able to raise enough funds to bring me on staff. It would be a perfect opportunity for our family. www.kidsbeachclub.org.

As well, there is another opportunity for me to work from home. Leigh Ann's son Parker plays soccer and one of the moms is an ER doctor. She is also the designated person for Arlington to close the schools due to health related events and need I mention a single mom with 2 kids. She is in need of help and Leigh Ann was so great to talk to her about me and presented the opportunity of me working for her on a part time basis. I'm really excited about this and so thankful to Leigh Ann for thinking of me.

Could you please be praying for these opportunities and that God would open the door(s) to where he wants me to be. Things are so in the air right now and I think about things constantly.

Ok, this post was totally random and I guess I had alot to say. Anyway, I am going to post some pics from the day at Julie's soon. I took them with my cell so they may not turn out but it was such a beautiful day and the kids had a blast.

Love,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment