Black

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Annual Ski Trip

In March we went to Colorado again. We go every year and leave the kids with our favorite family - the Moots. Julie is just the greatest and has blessed us every year by taking off for a week and watching the kiddos and fixing us bubble bread for breakfast. This year we decided to leave the kids in Louisiana with the grandparents. It was awesome to have a week away but I really missed my babies. I don't think they missed us at all with all the fun stuff they were doing with all the cousins. Cameron totally loves Taylor and Hilary and always wants to go see them so I know it was fun for him to spend time with them. Kendall looks up to Emily and loves to be with her and since her and Taylor are the same age its always fun for those two to get together. I wish they all lived closer so that we could see them more often but we AIN'T movin back to LA anytime soon :-)

This year we went to CO with Scott and the Gills. We also got to ski with Adam and Julie. It was awesome for them to come up and Liz and Jeremy also came up and spent the night but skieed at Copper (another of my favorite places). Julie is such a rockstar! She hasn't been skiing in a long time and did great. I'm also so proud of Adam. He had only been one other time and after a little bit was doing great. We went to a great little restaurant after skiing and it was so relaxing!

This was a little different than in years past because we've always had such a big group. But, I actually enjoyed it being the 5 of us. It is much easier to plan stuff out and me and Jen get along so well that its always fun. Plus, it gives me an accomplice when harassing Scott. Believe me, we did plenty of that this year! We skiied at Keystone and Vail and went snowmobiling in Winter Park. Summit County does not allow unguided tours so we drive to WP so that we can have a little more fun and see how fast we can go. I always get in the back of the group because I go so slow. It seems the boys have a little speed demon in them! Its a good thing you can't get a ticket for speeding.

A treat for me this was getting to go on the Coors/Miller tour. Now, I'm no beer drinker but it was very interesting to see how it was made. Let me say this to - it STUNK in there. After smelling all the hops and stuff they use I don't know how anyone could drink that nasty stuff. Oh well, it was still alot of fun.

Here are some pics from our trip. We look forward to spending time with the Moots every year. They are so special to us and our kids adore them. They are like family and we hope to be in Kentucky next summer extending the family!



The Gills (Scott & Jen)


Julie, Wendy, Scott, Jen, Scott, Mike & Adam
(notice how we are arranged by height - that wasn't planned)



The crew at Bubba Gumps!



Snowmobiling in Winter Park


Us and the Shoans - they are a hoot....



Red Rocks Ampitheatre

What a great week! We can't wait to go back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment