Black

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fun Weekend

Here I sit on a Saturday night with two of the most special people a mom could ask for. Me and the kiddos are having a great weekend together. Mike is at a prison in Louisiana and will be back tomorrow. We are almost done with Sports Reach for this year. He has one more day trip and then the weekends are free until next March. I'm really proud of him and all the guys on Texas Sports Reach for all they do. I don't tell him enough but they are making a difference in these inmates lives. Some of them do not have any visitors and the guys are the only outside people they see. This year has been really easy on us wives because many weekends have been rained out - especially this past spring. Thankfully someone else is going to do the scheduling next year and it will give Mike a break. I keep telling him it would be a perfect paid position for me :-) 

Since the guys are gone Tami and the girls came over. We have not gotten to see them very much the past couple of months. It was great to hang out together and let the kids play. The weather is getting so nice even though it was raining again today! I will take it though. I am so very thankful for friends that understand me and that I can just sit and laugh with. We had a good time and when they left we headed over to Brandy and Amy's. Amy's parents are in town so we went to see them. They are so sweet and I'm thankful that Brandy has great in-laws. 

Me and the kids also decorated the house for Halloween. I'm not a big Halloween person but I still love my decorations! Here a few pics of some things we have. I love my new ghost that I got in Canton. Have I mentioned lately that I love, love, love going to Canton. Of course, now that I'm working part time - there is not much money to spend there! I made the blocks on the mantle - another great idea from where else....Canton! They are super fun and I think I'll do some for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. 































Now that I'm typing all this I realize this was a busy day - not to mention that we went to the donut store this morning and then Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart! Then we came home and I cleaned. Not to bad for a lazy Saturday :-) 

I'm praying for the Sports Reach guys as they prepare for tomorrow and pray for the inmates that they would hear the Word of God with open hearts and open minds.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment