Black

Friday, August 21, 2009

Changes, Changes, Changes

I hope everyone has had a great summer. We are wrapping up our summer fun and getting ready for lots of changes. Kendall starts 1st grade and we couldn't be more excited. We got to meet her teacher last night and guess what??? She is from Louisiana and went to LSU! How could we not love her immediately! Actually, she was so nice and welcoming to us. Kendall is very excited because her friend Ashley is going to be in her class again this year.  I don't know what she would have done if Ashley were not in there. And, Cam will be going to "school" every day and he is so excited. He keeps telling me that he has to do his homework. I sure hope he is that excited when he really does start school. I'm excited for him and know that he will do great.

In other news, I have accepted a position with KiDs Beach Club. I am nervous and excited at the same time. This is such a great opportunity to watch God move. KBC is an after school program for kids 3-6 grades and I will be an Area Director. Basically, managing 20 clubs - although I don't have that many yet. Thank goodness - I might go mad if I had to do it all at once. I am also working part-time for Foster Grant. They sell sunglasses and reading glasses in stores like CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, Staples, Family Dollar, etc.  It is a merchandising position and will work really well with my schedule and with the kids. Unemployment was great for the summer but I am ready to get back to work and I'm very thankful that I have had the chance to stay home with the kids for a while. I will never get this time back with them and I really enjoyed having them - even if they did drive me crazy!

Mike and I also went to Michigan for his 20 year reunion. It was such a wonderful time and everyone was so nice. I was very nervous since I did not know anyone but it was awesome. We were able to go hiking, spend the day at Lake Superior, drive around the old base and just fun stuff. I have made some new friends and Mike has rekindled old friendships. I hope this is not the last time that we see all of these people. As well, Michigan was absolutely beautiful! I can't even describe how pretty it is with all of the trees and greenery. So unlike Dallas :-)

It has been a wonderful summer and now its back to reality for all of us! We are excited for another school year and another year of learning. Blessings to all of you and your families.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment