Black

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Superbowl and Our Anniversary....

Good evening! Today is a very special day. Its our anniversary AND its the superbowl. Pretty cool if you ask me. I told Mike he had to make a decision between me and football. It's a good thing that I'm such a sweet wife and let him watch the game :-) Actually I love football and have been very excited this year because the Saints are playing for the first time ever. This household loves the Cowboys but we ARE from Louisiana and have to root for the Saints. I'm also reading The Pioneer Woman and learning how to operate my camera. I'm multi-tasking like that plus she is awesome and I wish I lived like her - except for the homeschooling part! If you've never read her blog - you must. She is very funny.

Anyway, today is 12 years that Mike and I have been married. Sometimes I still can't believe it. A lot has happened in the last year of our marriage. I was laid off from my job and was able to spend the summer with our kiddos. And now working part time -I am loving every minute of it and I think it has made our marriage better with me being home more for the kids. 

Today Chad & Jenny taught a marriage lesson. It was excellent and as we left I thanked God that today was the day they taught. Mike and I discussed the lesson as we came home from church today and I'm so thankful that we can talk about those things - even if sometimes they are hard subjects - although today wasn't. 

So, Happy Anniversary sweetheart and I dedicate this song to you. Although this about Christ it is how I feel about my husband. The one who God put me with for the rest of our lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mITRKCDel44 

I Love You Mike and GEAUX Saints!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment